Pages

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Change is good! Or IS it??

Photo by msracheldixon on Instagram


Isn't change supposed to be a good thing?

Well, I've had a whole freaking lot of change in the last year and let me tell you something. It sucks.

My kids are all in school full time. They no longer need their mama during the day. For the first time in 14 years, I am no longer a "mother of small children". I'm only 35, so that whole being-a-mom thing has been my entire adult life. So, holy f**k, what am I now??

I had to go out and get a job. A real, grown-up job. I had to give up all my Zumba® classes and get a real freaking job. I even stopped paying my Zumba Instructor Network (ZIN™) membership, so I wasn't even listed on the website for a couple of months...but I couldn't deal with that so I'm back in, now. But still. No regular classes on my schedule,after teaching for six years.

There's some other stuff--my Zumba® mentor is no longer with the company, I had all these goals that have to put on hold while I get a J.O.B., and a bunch of other whiny, personal stuff I can't bother you with --but it all amounts to one thing: I am sick and tired of change.

Sick of it.

Sick sick #$&_@)#% sick.

After five months at the new job, and a good month or so of crying just about every damn day like an emo lovesick teenager, I've decided to grow some balls and do something about my situation.

Life lesson #23849: If you don't like where you're at, don't be a bitch. Do something to change it.

So to that end, I am creating a little master plan. Bwahahahaha, and all that.

Step one of the plan? You're reading it! Jump start the blog. Make it a hub of delicious fitness inspiration and information. I hope you enjoy it.

I'll tell you more about the plan as we go. If my journey inspires you, at all, to take steps toward your happiness, let me know!


Post a Comment