Pages

Thursday, January 05, 2012

progress--my first week


Source: picturesofpugs.tumblr.com via briar on Pinterest
OK so, first week of slow-carbing it.

It wasn't completely bad.


Every day so, I've done well until that dreaded mid-afternoon slump. Every day, between 2 and 4, I'd get cravings while helping my kids with their after-school snacks and wouldn't you know it, I just happened to have  freshly-made baked goods standing by in the cookie jar.

At least they were whole wheat and full of flax seeds.

And every day I strayed a little less.

So, for next week I need to control the cravings. Technically you're not supposed to snack on this plan, but Ferriss says that if you must snack, grab some carrots. So, I have some baby carrots in the fridge. And a ton of tea and coffee. And ice water with lemon. Those will the the things I aim to grab when I'm tempted. Not only will they satisfy my need to have something to do with my mouth and hands, but they'll hydrate me and help me feel less hungry. I need to hydrate more anyway.

Anyway, I'm down about two pounds so far. Not exactly breathtaking results, but not bad considering my slips into carbland.

I am very much looking forward to cheat day. I only have to get through tomorrow (with two classes of my own and a master class to go to, I think I'll be eating a lot of carrots) and Saturday's breakfast. Then the rest of Saturday is going to be a no-holds-barred cravings-fest. I've been daydreaming about what I'll eat that day. The daydreams are usually a good sign I need to drink some tea. :)

In case you're wondering, here's what I'm eating; I haven't posted any pictures yet because by the time I get finished preparing each meal, I'm so famished and drooling like one of Pavlov's dogs, I can't be bothered to grab a camera...

Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with either lentils or black beans, garlic, spinach, and other veggies like broccoli or zucchini, and topped with salsa. Coffee, black with cinnamon.

Lunch: Big salad with spinach, black beans, chicken breast, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, more broccoli or cauliflower, sprinkled with lemon juice. Ice water with lemon.

Dinner: Another big salad like lunch.
Post a Comment