Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

resolutions. discuss.

Me, I like resolutions. I like the promise of a new year, like turning the page in my notebook, fresh and clean after the messy scribbles of the last page. If the new year didn't come right directly after what is, for me, the very messiest part of the year, I think I wouldn't feel that way, but by the time December ends I am desperate and ready for change and the start of a new year just seems like the right time. Of course, I struggle with not being very goal- or task-oriented, so my resolutions are usually forgotten as real life takes over--just like that notebook page gets written on and scribbled over and things get crossed out and other things get written over it. But yeah. I'm an idealist. I love the feeling of hope and expectation and anticipation of goals accomplished. I'm working on how to get things really done this year...it's actually one of my resolutions to not say I'm going to do something and then not do it. I like resolutions. I'm ready for 2012.
Post a Comment