Sunday, March 07, 2010
Saturday, March 06, 2010
Thursday, March 04, 2010
I have to say, I thought I'd be moving along a little faster than that.
But hey! I'm right in line with my plan of losing a pound a week from now to convention. That's 23 weeks away, so from my current weight of 155 I hope to by 132 by convention.
I haven't weighed so little since college, right before having my first kid! *excited*
So, right on plan. I was very excited to see some changes in the mirror though. My tummy is not so bloated and jiggly, and same with my arms. Matter of fact, I've lost .5" in both my arms and my hips. Not a lot...but noticeable! I can see muscle again. Yay muscle!
Speaking of muscle...dun dun dunnnnn..I should get P90X in a few days. WOO!! Once it hits, I'll be working my keister off to get in crazy-good shape for--you guessed it--convention. I should be able to get in a round and a half by then...
...wonder what it will be like to be totally cut?!...
Seriously, though, I'm having a hard time believing it will work. I mean, I see the testimonials and I know people who have had phenomenal results (phenomenal--that seems to be my word lately...) but I have trouble seeing it working for me. And isn't that--that ability to visualize yourself at the goal--isn't that supposed to be a huge factor in my success?
Maybe I'll take a picture of Jillian Michaels and paste on my head.
Nah...she'd totally kick my butt. ;)
So yes! Very nervous it won't work for me...but also very, very excited it might.
I'll keep you updated on how it goes! As soon as I get it!
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
if my thumbs don't get tired from entering this on my iPhone, I'll add
some songs I'm hoping to learn soon.
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolph & Lil Wayne
Sexy Chick, the David Guetta remix
Tigre, a Zumba Fitness original track
I Need To Know, cover of Marc Anthony, I believe
Zumba Mami, also an original Zumba Fitness track
Slide, a ZF original
Se le Ve
Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti
A la Nena le Gusta
She Wolf - Shakira
Cumbia de Los Muertos
Freeze - T Pain ft. Chris Brown
Oh Africa (Pepsi version) - Akon
Rivers of Babylon / Yele (medley)- Wyclef Jean
And to learn someday:
Turn me Loose - Madcon
Showdown - B.E.P.
El Tiguere - Cuacana
Remedio Pa'l Corazon - Alberto Plaza
Siguelo - Watatah
Locos por Jesus - Tercer Cielo
Tike Tike Kardi -Arash
Ringa Ringa, from Slumdog Millionaire
Estan Bailando - Grupo Ramirez
Cuentale - Ivy Queen
El Trencito - La Banda Loca
Pa' Lo Oscuro - Franco "el Gorila"
-also from el Gorila, Con Swing and Duro
Yo Te Beso (Y Arrapaparapapan) - JN3
Yo Quiero Salsa
Get On - Fay-Ann Lyons Alvarez
Mas Que Tu Amigo - Tito Nieves
La Tempuratura - Ozomatli
OK... Thumbs tired. :)
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Monday, March 01, 2010
Anyhow, I just wanted to share with you, in case you cared, what I've been eating lately.
- Some basic combination of complex carbs, protein, and fruit, like whole-wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana.
- Coffee with soy milk or almond milk or tea. If it's a Zumba morning (which most mornings are) then it's gotta be coffee for that little extra butt-whoopin capacity.
- Stir fry with rice, veggies, tempeh, tofu, and/or some kind of bean, and spices and lemon juice for flavor. I just started using coconut oil once a day for my stirfry instead of olive oil all the time. It contains saturated fat but has health benefits too. Sometimes (like today) I'll go crazy and add peanut butter to the stir fry or some kind of all-natural, sugar-free sauce. Most days I wilt spinach into it, too. And sometimes I add cashews or toasted almond slices for crunch.
- Seltzer water, tea, or pomegrante juice/seltzer mix
- Leftover lunch because I always make way more than I can eat, or a bowl of all-natural cereal with soy or almond milk. I try to keep it light at night unless I'm teaching a night class.
- I haven't been snacking much, because I've been filling up on lots of protein and fiber with every meal, but when I am hungry I have fruit and nuts or coffee and toast with vegan margarine.
- Sometimes--not every day--I eat a square of Bakers Semi-sweet chocolate. Sometimes by itself, sometimes with some fruit like a clementine or a pear.
which talks about sugar addiction, and what the sugar-addicted person goes through when confronted with, say, a pan of brownies. I read the description and a light bulb went off: that's me!!! It was like someone was actually writing about me. Kind of interesting. :) Anyway, that post was on Feb 10th, and I've been eating well since then, so I guess it's been almost three weeks! Wow!
I feel so good. I encourage you to check it out.
In the meantime, a little food porn shot of what I had for lunch and will continue to eat for dinner:
Sigh...shriveled-up, dry-as-a-bone clementines make me yearn for summer...
Oh and real quick, a funny story I posted already on FB: