Anyhow, I just wanted to share with you, in case you cared, what I've been eating lately.
- Some basic combination of complex carbs, protein, and fruit, like whole-wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana.
- Coffee with soy milk or almond milk or tea. If it's a Zumba morning (which most mornings are) then it's gotta be coffee for that little extra butt-whoopin capacity.
- Stir fry with rice, veggies, tempeh, tofu, and/or some kind of bean, and spices and lemon juice for flavor. I just started using coconut oil once a day for my stirfry instead of olive oil all the time. It contains saturated fat but has health benefits too. Sometimes (like today) I'll go crazy and add peanut butter to the stir fry or some kind of all-natural, sugar-free sauce. Most days I wilt spinach into it, too. And sometimes I add cashews or toasted almond slices for crunch.
- Seltzer water, tea, or pomegrante juice/seltzer mix
- Leftover lunch because I always make way more than I can eat, or a bowl of all-natural cereal with soy or almond milk. I try to keep it light at night unless I'm teaching a night class.
- I haven't been snacking much, because I've been filling up on lots of protein and fiber with every meal, but when I am hungry I have fruit and nuts or coffee and toast with vegan margarine.
- Sometimes--not every day--I eat a square of Bakers Semi-sweet chocolate. Sometimes by itself, sometimes with some fruit like a clementine or a pear.
which talks about sugar addiction, and what the sugar-addicted person goes through when confronted with, say, a pan of brownies. I read the description and a light bulb went off: that's me!!! It was like someone was actually writing about me. Kind of interesting. :) Anyway, that post was on Feb 10th, and I've been eating well since then, so I guess it's been almost three weeks! Wow!
I feel so good. I encourage you to check it out.
In the meantime, a little food porn shot of what I had for lunch and will continue to eat for dinner:
Sigh...shriveled-up, dry-as-a-bone clementines make me yearn for summer...
Oh and real quick, a funny story I posted already on FB: