Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

like, totally.

Oh my gosh! So much to tell you about!!

  • Took a class with Beto and Tanya last night. It rocked. Totally unleashed my inner Beto on my class this morning. They ate it up.

  • My friend Lee came up from California, where she has her own amazing Zumba classes. Had a whirlwind 24 hours with her before she left to see her sis. Miss you Lee!

  • Big plans for Halloween: great playlist with plenty of fun Halloween flavor, and a costume contest!! Be there!! Stoughton YMCA! 10:30! Halloween morning!

  • And one more big thing that I can't even tell you about! Aaaarggghhhh!!

OK. So. Last night I went into the big city--New York City--with my good friend and fellow instructor Lisa. The plan: to take a class with Beto, the man himself, the founder of Zumba, at Equinox, a gorgeous (gorgeous!) chain of gyms over there. Some most-excellent aspects of the class:


  • It was a small class; instead of being a tiny speck of humanity in a sea of a thousand sweaty bodies, we were two in a class of forty or fifty. Very cool.

  • Tanya was there!! You know I ♥ her! Equinox is where she teaches, and so that's where she was. She didn't teach--she left that to Beto, and was just a student like the rest of us.

  • It was Beto. He was right there! He's beautiful.

  • Did I mention the gym was gorgeous?

  • And the class was free!!

So yeah. It was fun. I was soaking wet ten minutes into the class, and by the end of class I looked like that Dove commercial where the girl showers with all her clothes on. You know the one? Yeah that one. And oh! Beto pulled me to the front! Which was kinda funny cuz there was so little room. But he pulled up one guy...then another guy...then the other two guys in the class...then me. So when I got up there I looked down at all the guys and then looked at myself and felt my chest just to make sure the girls were still there, if y'know what I'm sayin.

And he did the split-the-room thing. I really have to do this more. My excuse is my classes look all freaked-the-hell-out when I try it, but that's just cuz I don't do it at all. So, classes: you're on notice.

So fun. So worth the three-and-a-half-hour drive each way. So worth the three hours of sleep I got last night. I mean this morning. I may have to ask Tanya if I can get on the guest list again for one of her regular classes one time soon. That would be nifty.

Wow I'm such a dork.

And so my friend Lee came up! Yay! We've been friends for two years--since we took our Zumba workshops the same weekend--and we've only met in person three times. The second time, we roomed together for Zumba convention. The third time we drove three hours to take a friend's class in CT. That's love.

I was so nervous to have her come to my classes. She's never seen me teach before! And you know how it is, when you have a colleague you respect and you want them to think well of your own work. It's like that. I was so nervous! And I'm so glad she came to the classes because she challenged me to be an even better (oh boy, get me: "even better!") instructor. And she's just all-around good to be around. And she buys me food my husband won't eat.*


So for Halloween. Big fun playlist. Wolf Like Me for the first warmup. Thriller, claro que si. Some other stuff. I've been doing bits of it for the last couple of days to see how people liked it. They liked. So now I'm all excited for Saturday! I've got my costume ready...I've told all my YMCA classes to get their booties there...I've told everyone else to pony up the ten bucks for a day pass and come... I, uh, I really like Halloween. ;) And did I mention? Costume contest?! With prizes?! Well...a prize. I can't afford multiple prizes. And the one prize might just be from the dollar store. I dont' know. I haven't picked it out yet. ;) You'll just have to dress up and get down and find out!

*No! I lied. He did eat my leftovers. Indian food. It was hella good.


Post a Comment