Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

yummy recipe: homemade veggie burgers

...although, I guess Homemade Bean Burgers would be a more appropriate description, since there weren't really any vegetables involved.

Yum yum yum!

I drained a can of chickpeas and a can of black beans and mashed them together in a bowl. Then I poured in some oats. Yeah, you know, like for oatmeal. Then some olive oil so they'd kind of hold together, and some spices: crushed red pepper, salt, and a random Italian spice mix that's been sitting in the cabinet forever. And then I threw in some split red lentils, just because I had them sitting around.

I mushed it all together, formed patties (which didn't really hold together so well, but OK), and heated them in a frying pan until they were hot. I ate them on whole wheat buns with lettuce, tomato, and Veganaise, which, for you uninitiated, is the vegan mayo substitute I am now totally addicted to. Really. I put it in my coffee.

It was so good! I'm begging you to go try it. You could even crumble it up and put it on salad. Mmmm, now I'm hungry...
Post a Comment