Pages

Sunday, November 02, 2008

let's walk!

Well here I am. It's Sunday afternoon. Convention is over. I'm sitting in Bad Ass Coffee, sipping a super yummy soy pumpkin latte and attempting to decompress a little.

Because...wow.

I had so much fun. I was hoping to learn a little more--it was kind of all review for anyone who has been keeping up with their ZIN volumes, dontcha think, ladies?--but it was fun, I met tons of great people, and I am going home all pumped up about Zumba all over again.

Don't get me wrong. There were negatives.

There were negatives about the convention itself, but that's to be expected with a company's very first ever convention, especially with over a thousand people attending. I'll get into those when I fill out the survey.

Then there were the...um...interpersonal issues.

Remember when you were in high school, or junior high, and there were the popular kids, and the not-so-popular kids, and the outsiders?

Same thing here! Except...worse, because aren't we supposed to get over all that clique-y stuff by the time we graduate high school?

Yeesh.

I don't really want to go into detail because um...this is supposed to be kind of a career move for me and I don't want to burn bridges, y'know? But I will say this to those people who were nasty, mean, judgemental, rude, uncaring, or just plain ignorant:

GET OVER IT!

Whew, got that off my chest. ;) I've been carrying around a little bit of a chip all weekend about all the people who thought they were so much better than everyone else, especially since Zumba is supposed to be all about family, and Zumba love, and supporting each other...

OK, deep breath. Back to the fun stuff.

So OK--I got in on Wednesday and didn't have much to do except, well, whatever the hell I wanted, which is kind of a rare thing for me, what with the hubby, three kids, and two jobs and all. So of course I went shopping! And then I went out to eat at a restaurant that doesn't have a childrens menu! and then I went and got my ear pierced! (in a very painful way...pics to come but I'll tell you this, the guy came at me with that giant needle like the knife-wielding guy in Psycho and if I could just get the sound of it popping through my ear out of my head? I would be a happy happy girl.)

Then at 11pm on Wednesday Lee got there!! For those of you not in the know (and really, why would you know? are you stalking me?!) Lee is my very good friend who also teaches Zumba...way on the other end of the country. How we met is a great story, so maybe I'll tell you one day, but we've been looking forward to spending time together for so long and...and...Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Anyway...Lee got in and we ate and crashed and woke up with the beautiful sunrise! Really, if you've been to Florida, you've seen how very flat it all is, which maybe isn't surprising if you live in the Midwest or something, but Lee and I both come from places with mountains and ocean and stuff and it was a little weird. I swear the sun comes up a little earlier when there's nothing blocking it.

So that was Thursday. I couldn't tell you what we did all day except OH YEAH, go into Walgreens about a million times for various things, including a brace for my ankle, which apparently decided to rebel against the three-hour walk I took the night before in nothing but ballet flats.

Seriously. Killed my foot. Haven't been injured in a year, and Zumba convention comes and bam! I'm almost out of commision for the entire weekend. Thank God for ankle braces, good supportive sneakers, and a redheaded resistance to pain and stubborness to admit what pain there is. My motto this weekend was "Suck it up and call the doctor when I get home." ;) I was so mad at myself! I had all these dreams of impressing the ZESs with my fantastic, outta sight moves so they'd pull me up on stage! and I'd be on a ZIN volume! or the next informercial! Something, please, just give me attention!!! and all I end up doing is hobbling around like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Oh. Crap. I only have 8 minutes left on here...

OK so Thursday night was the Preconvention Zumba Bash at Alyce Howard's Studio Zumba in Palm Bay so we went and had an excellent time. The instructors who got to show off their choreography were so good, and it was great seeing new stuff and getting new ideas. I had lots of favorites, but my all-time favorite set was the one with the two girls, who co-teach. They're so full of energy, and the way they work together? Incredible! It actually had me entertaining thoughts of co-teaching myself, lone wolf that I am. So good!

Then Friday we got to register. That day, or was it Thursday? we ran into Tanya Beardsley--who you know I love--and Gina Grant, who, now, I also love. They were getting ready for convention, ripping apart armbands and stuff, and they stopped to talk to us. They are so stinkin cute, and nice to boot, which is so much more that so many of the other people we met...but that goes into that area I said I wouldn't talk about. ;)

Um then was the halloween bash. SO FUN and I'll post pics after I get home. At some point.

Then Saturday was workshops. They were...OK...but that's stuff for the survey. Aren't you glad you're on a need-to-know basis? ;)

Saturday night was the Zumbathon which was OMG SO FUN too. (I'm starting to sound like a valley girl, I do realize this.)

TOday was fun too but I"m going to have to tell you later because eek I rented 30 minutes and it is UP!!!

OK so more later. xoxoxo
Post a Comment