Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

i really cannot believe i'm telling you this...

I have a problem.

In all my life, through even my teenage years, it has never been a problem before.

But now--now that I'm teaching Zumba six days a week and, I'll admit, sometimes go a little bit before I can hit the showers, but hey, some of my classes are back-to-back!--it has finally...ahem...popped up.

I have...

I have...

I have backne.

You know, backne? The dreaded pimples that pop up on your back, totally unbeknownst to you because you never actually think to, like, look back there until you get an itch and you scratch only to discover--gasp! ew! gross!--you just scratched a seriously ginormous zit.

Eeeeeeeewewewewewew.

Ew.

So! My post-Zumba shower this morning--taken approximately five seconds after getting in the door and getting Bek occupied--consisted of me contorting myself in previously impossible ways, madly scrubbing myself pink with a pouf full of scrubbing body wash.

The good news is that discovering the dreaded backne has made me face up the the fact that I really don't take very good care of my skin. I don't, like, forget to bathe or cut myself, or anything serious. I just kind ignore it. Take it for granted. Hey, it's always going to be there, right?

I'm thinking I never took the time before because doing so meant scrubbing and exfoliating and lotioning and, really, all that stuff meant getting a little more up-close-and-personal with my ever-increasing surface area.

But now that my body now at least kind of resembles what it should look like, and not some distorted, blown-out-of-proportion semblance of human, and I actually like looking at myself--hey, I've come a long way!--maybe I can take the time to treat my skin the way it deserves to be treated.

Soooo, right now as I type, my skin is all sparkly-clean and smells like peppermint. I scrubbed away all the rough stuff (ok, listen. Zumba is rough on the feet, OK?) and I feel like I just got out of the spa. I could get used to that feeling!

And do I even need to go into the benefits of having skin soft enough for someone to touch? Hmmm, I don't think so...
Post a Comment