Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

the lazy chica's blog post / getting to a size 6


OK, so, I came home from work tonight and no one shut my laptop down so it's like a thousand degrees and too hot to touch for long, so I'm just gonna take the lazy way out and cut and paste some stuff from an email between me and a friend and call it a blog post. :) You still love me right?

Hey more about my day: so like I said, my first class today was great. This one woman came through the hall where we all wait for the previous class to get out before we can go into the studio. She seemed to know everyone so she stopped to chat on her way from dropping her kids off at camp and on her way up to the treadmill. One of the women convinced her to try Zumba. At first she was all, “NOooo, I see you in that class, you all are all coordinated and I see you come OUT of that class (meaning sweaty and smiling like fools, I guess?)…nah, I’ll just go run…” But the already-loves-Zumba woman told her she herself wasn’t always able to do all the moves and that if she, the running lady, wanted to try it and didn’t like it, she could always leave.

So the woman (Crap. I forgot her name already. It was a pretty name. I suck at that stuff.) took the class. Was completely uncoordinated. I tried helping her from the front but it didn’t look like she was having much fun. Kept expecting her to leave. But then! After class she comes to me with the RADIANT LOOK OF ZUMBA GLORY and said, “I loved it! Thank you SO MUCH!” So…another one bites the dust for Zumba. (HAHAHA my grammar-check is telling me to ditch the tired euphemism of “bites the dust” and just say “dies.” Smart-ass computer. )

Cool, right? I just love that! See, I've told you before. You only need to try Zumba once. It sucks you in! In other news: (see, once I get typing I can never really leave soon. Laptop-scorched flesh or no.) I've decided I need to ramp up my efforts on the pre-convention challenge. I've been slacking. I'm supposed to be doing Zumba Abs every day, or something ridiculous like that.

I've been doing ONE song from the DVD in my classes almost every day--to mixed response, I'm not sure everyone likes it much; maybe it's too much like work and not enough like fun. I love it, anyway, but I love anything Zumba--but I really really want to be as DOWN as possible in the whole size area once Orlando comes. Or, rather, once
I come to Orlando. Not that I'm not happy with how far I've come--I am, I am!--it's mostly about wanting an excuse to buy LOTS OF CUTE NEW CLOTHES.

Like, OMG, do any of you shop at Forever 21? I've never been inside one of the stores--the name totally turned me off. What the hell do I want to be 21 forever for?--but I just checked out the website last night, kind of as a result of a random search for online clothing shops. Can I just say: CHEAP! and CUTE! and....CHEAP! And now that I might actually
fit into some of their clothes, I want to go take my allowance for the entire month of August and go straight to the nearest mall. I might even hit up H&M while I'm there. (CHEAP! and CUTE! and...EUROPEAN!) And then of course there are the shoes. Because if you buy new clothes, you need new shoes to go with, right? And I know just what I want.

First I want to go to the mall and buy lots of cute short dresses and skirts, because it's been oh, say, 6 years since I've been able to wear short skirts. Then I want to buy lots of boots and cute maryjanes. Then I want to buy lots of cute socks to go with them. Then I want to walk around in my short-dress-big-boot-tall-scrunchy-sock combos until some little 6-year-old comes up to me and asks me for her clothes back. :)

Sigh...if there is one thing I'm good at, it's (Zumba!) losing my train of thought while blogging.

Oh yeah! SO! In order to be in such dire need of new clothes that my hubby breaks down and hands over the bank card, I need to be...a size 6. And in order to be a size 6, I need to lose about...20 pounds. Between now and conference. I have...13 weeks to do this. Can I lose 20 pounds in 13 weeks? I'm not sure! The first 13 weeks of this year I lost ten pounds. I need to double that. And in order to do that, I need to start doing some things I haven't yet, and stop doing other things that have kind of crept in since the beginning of the year. I need to:
  • DRINK MORE WATER! Seriously, I drink barely enough to stay alive.
  • Start 2 to 3 weight sessions a week, ideally in a Body Pump-type class, rather than in the weight room, since I'll be more likely to stick with it that way.
  • Take once Pilates and one Yoga class a week, or do one video of each a week. For this one, I'm more likely to do the video than take the class.
  • Do more fun, activity-type stuff with the kids. This, of course, is beneficial on lots of levels.
  • Lay off the caffeine. I'll go for tea instead of coffee...for a few months, anyway.
  • Suck it up and buy the better, more expensive peanut butters, pasta sauces, etc., with no added sugar.
  • Eat more veggies and (grumble grumble) fruit. I don't know when it became so painful to put a piece of dang fruit in my mouth, for cryin out loud. When did it become that I would rather eat a carrot than an apple?!
I need to NOT:
  • Eat so many processed, sugary foods. No HFCS, that tool of the devil.
  • Be "a vegan...except for special exceptions." No more brownies, cookies, milk chocolate, etc. on and on. I don't know how much this has contributed to my weight loss slowdown, but really, I shouldn't be eating that kind of junk anyway, and telling people I'm vegan doesn't really work when they catch me scarfing down brownies in the break room. Lame!
  • Stay up so late doing stuff like blogging when I should be sleeping. Sleep is good for the waistline.
It's going to be hard! But I know I can do it! 20 pounds! 13 weeks! Just for the record, I'm at 146 now. So 20 pounds down will put me at 126, lower than I was when I graduated high school, 12 years ago. And I haven't been a size 6 since junior high. Maybe freshman year of high school. So we'll see. But I'm confident, I'm having fun, I have Zumba, and I know I can do it.

This is the longest lazy blogger post evah.
Post a Comment