Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

if not now: powered by ramen noodles

OMG there is no freaking food in my house!

I've probably already told you this...

(Hey, wait a second...I can type!!! Someone must have cleaned out my keyboard!!! Wicked pissa!! )

(Anyway...)

So yeah, I've probably already mentioned, but we here at the If Not Now household are on the "We have no money" diet. We've just finished paying off all our debt (thank you Dave Ramsey!) and now we're saving for an emergency fund, after which we can go buy a house. In order to get to the "buy a house" part sooner, we are cutting every possible thing out of the budget to get that emergency fund fully funded as soon as possible.

You'll notice that "every possible thing" did not include internet access. That is a basic life necessity. So is, apparently, cell phone service, cable, air conditioning, Blockbuster Video DVD delivery, and Ciao Bella Blackberry Cabernet Sorbetto. Yummmm. But besides that, we're seriously cutting back.

To see for yourself, just come over and look through my fridge or the cabinet. I promise it won't take long. Today for lunch I actually ate ramen noodles. It was just like being in college again! But without the smoky bar scene and coffee-fueled 20-page essays!

What does this have to do with anything? Well, nothing really. Although I'm thinking of writing a diet book based on the next few months. ;) hehe

And now for something a little more relevant: I've committed myself to a new challenge! One of the great ladies on the Zumba Instructor message board is going to measure herself and then do the Abs DVD from the new Zumba DVD set every night between now and Conference in October. She's going to prove (again, as she says--she's got this great testimonial to how Zumba worked for her in the new informercial) that Zumba works, and she has challenged the rest of us to join her.

So, I'm in! Are you?

Starting tonight I'm going to do the abs video every day...or at least as much as I can. I measured myself tonight and I'll measure myself along the way, with the final measurements taken at Studio Zumba in Florida, where a bunch of us are meeting right before Conference.

In case you want to keep track, and because I want you all to see how effective Zumba is so you'll get off your butt and try it if you haven't already, here are my measurements now, as well as at from about a year and a half ago, when I was at my biggest evah:

Waist now: 31
Waist then: 37

Hips now: 42
Hips then: 47

Upper arms now: 12
Upper arms then: 13.5 (this number is the biggest pain--it never moves except to go up. After I started taking Zumba classes it went up to 14 from my enormous guns)

Thigh now: 24
Thigh then: 28

Well, that was fun! Nothing like posting your measurements for the whole world to see to humble you a bit, I always say. ;) The good news is, it's good to see how far I've come. Seriously--SIX INCHES off my waist! Did I even have a waist then? (La la la...this is me ignoring the fact that I had recently given birth when those old measurements were taken...)

So, I'll keep you posted on how all that goes. Feel free to join me in the challenge. You don't have to have the new DVD set to let me know how you're doing--just any old regular exercise will do.
---
You know, I'm having a bit of trouble. See, I'm shrinking out of my clothes. Good problem to have, right? But I could really use some clothes that don't fall off of me, particularly during classes. So I'm on the Zumba site and there are these cute pants in the shop. Or I'm on bewild.com looking at the UFOs and I am drooling over them. But I seem to be on the cusp of two sizes. I don't want to get the larger size because I'm pretty much out of them. But I don't want to get the smaller size yet because I'm pretty sure they won't fit comfortably yet, and if I can go a little longer without spending money, I should. But then I think, well, the longer I wait to buy the next size down, the less time I'll be wearing that size before I'm into the next size down, so what's the point? But then I'm back to wearing clothes that are too big! Hmf...if only all my problems were so...positive. :)

Another instructor on the site mentioned creating a website to exchange old Zumba clothes you don't want anymore. Part of me is like, EW. But the other part of me--the rapidly shrinking part--is like, "Gimme some clothes!!!" :) So I dunno. I don't know how Zumba as a company will feel about that sort of thing anyway, so we'll see if it even pans out. What do you think?

OK, OK, I've procrastinated enough. I've blogged, painted my nails, picked up the kids' toys, I guess it's time to go work my abs. Ready to get worked, abs?
Post a Comment