Pages

Monday, June 09, 2008

anyway...

AAAaaaaaarrghh!!!

I forgot to do Drawing Day! I was going to draw a Zumba picture for you all! I forgot!

*grump*

Anyway...

Not much to write, and I'm post-class sweaty and in need of a shower, although what good it is to shower when it's 90+ degrees out and my house is not much cooler...

anyway...

I just got home from subbing a class for another instructor and...and...

OK I'll say it: I want her class!!!

It was so great! There were lots of young people and I've been dying to get a class like that, cuz we all know young people love to move, right? I swear--if you don't start moviendo la cintura by the time you're 35 you totally forget how. So, you know, Zumba came at just the right time for me.

Have I mentioned I turn 30 in 18 days?!?!???!?!

I'm OK with that though. I've never been a "OMG it's my birthday, kill me now!" kind of girl. I'm more a "It's my birthday!!! Tell everyone!! Let's PARTY!!!!" kind of girl. And oh! I share a birthday with the greatest chica!!

But OMG! 30!!!!!

Anyway...

So, the class. Yes. It was great! Now, don't get me wrong. I have a couple of classes now that I truly love teaching. Great people, they just eat up everything I throw at 'em. They know who they are. ;) But I also have classes that take a little more effort--more effort to work up the energy in the room, more effort to learn the steps, more effort to choose songs and routines that are more appropriate to the class's ability. I wouldn't mind balancing out those classes with another class like tonight's. I had so much fun!

Oh, I have a funny story. Two, actually.

The first one is I was teaching yesterday and we did "Mas Que Nada" and somehow...I can't believe I'm telling you this...I punched myself in the face. Hard!! I split my own lip practically!

Now, I'm not easily embarrassed. I'm too "Meh, whatever" to get too worked up about, well, anything. But that? Was kind of embarrassing. The middle of class! Bleeding!

The other story is probably not so funny, unless you teach, too. I was all excited because I came up with some great choreography to a bunch of songs from the last megamix that Zumba sent us. I was all, "I'm awesome! I'm awesome! That took me no time at all!"

Then I realized that the CD I'd been working on was actually the one we got in March. Three months ago. Yeah Kim! Really awesome! It only took you 12 weeks to come up with choreography for three whole songs!

OK, so, like I said. Probably only funny if you're me. :) But hey! I was pretty excited when I cracked Mueve la Cadera! I love that song!

OOOOh, my classes, listen up! I know what I have to tell you!

My boss told me today to tell you all that if you are interested in teaching Zumba, keep an eye on zumba.com's "become an instructor" page because the North Attleboro branch of the Y is supposed to have an instructor workshop this summer. Yay! So if you've ever entertained the notion to teach...even if it's just a little niggle in the back of your head...email me and I'll answer any questions you might have. I always tell people that deciding to teach Zumba--teaching Zumba--has changed my life in so many ways. You owe it to yourself to find out more if you think you love it even half as much as I do. :)

OK, off to shower. Must remove the sweat before I sweat some more. In his forecast for tomorrow, the weatherman used the word "oppressive." I hate that word.
Post a Comment