Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

my classes are going to love these

Oh...my...head.

I just found these pictures while trying to scan in the drawing I did yesterday...you need to see these. I knew I was fat...but man. It just goes to show what incredible denial I was in because these pictures look so different to me now then they did when they were taken...and that was quite a difference from how I felt at the time.

From about two years ago:












And let's compare that to a couple of pictures of me PK--pre-kids:


OK, first off...I just have to say it:

A) I had such fashion sense when I was 19. The oversized tee (Mighty Mighty Bosstones, TYVM), the lanyard, the tiny backpack...cute.
B) I never tire of pulling out the old Renn Faire pictures. Such a dork! :)

OK, anyway...

Now, I'm not trying to put myself down or anything. It's just so bizarre to me to see how big I was because I truly didn't realize it at the time. I knew the number on the scale was high. I knew the size on my pants was high. I just didn't see it in the mirror. Thank God, because who knows what that could have done to my self-esteem and, following that, to my marriage.

And it's good to see that, despite how I feel sometimes, and how I think I haven't come all that far and how I have so much farther to go, I really have come far.

Thank you God for Zumba...that's all I've gotta say. :)
Post a Comment