Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

feels like me

Hey, you know what I've noticed about losing weight? I think it's one of my favorite things about the whole process, actually: I feel different.

No, I mean, I feel different! Like, I'll be going through my life doing whatever, and I'll put my hands somewhere on myself (well that's sure to bring in some interesting search results...) and notice how I've changed.
  • Like when I put my hands on my hips and it takes my hands a lot longer to get there than it used to.
  • Or I scrach my shoulder or my neck and instead of my fingers digging through the fat, they're scraping against unyielding muscle.
  • Or I wipe my face under my eyes and notice there is more room between my face and my glasses than there used to be.

I love this so much, I've been known to walk around the house (or, um, the supermarket) with my fingers poked into my sides, enjoying how the muscles of my obliques feel when I walk.

How dorky is that?! :) But I love it!

It can be a pain sometimes--like when my daughter grabs me tight around the leg and instead of her fingers clinging to flab, they're digging into muscle--OW! Or if I'm carrying something with sharp corners like a heavy book or box, it digs into my muscle instead of just resting on my fat. :) But hey--I'll take it!

And oh yeah...my hubby thinks I'm totally hot. That's definitely awesome. :)

Post a Comment