Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

lots of boring crazy rambling

Ooh, I told you I was going to tell you about the woman who came to my class on Wednesday!

So I started class and there were only like four or five people. Then a few more straggled in during the warm up. One woman came in who...well, she just looked like a fitness instructor, you know? And then as we go through songs, she starts taking notes in between songs. I'm kind of freaking out a little bit because why is she taking notes?! Am I in trouble? Did someone say I'm a terrible instructor and now my boss, who conveniently wasn't in class today, is sending someone to check on me?

My next thought was that it was a new Zumba instructor coming to steal my moves--but that thought was quickly squashed by the realization that, hello, I use all ZIN stuff anyway so it's not like its a secret. Hehe. Besides, I'm always changing up my stuff so if someone steals everything I have for their own class, it's only mine for a little while anyway, y'know? After that it's just old. :)

OK, now that I've given you a little insight into the stupid workings of my inner mind...

After class the woman stayed behind and I got to meet her. Turns out she is a fitness instructor from a nearby facility that I actually thought about going to and inquiring for Zumba. She's starting a new Zumba class...today, actually...and only had a couple of days to get her routine together and was totally freaking out so my boss told her to stop by.

The woman was very nice and it sounds liike she might need another instructor for her facility. I'm really hoping to add some classes, so I was on a bit of a high for the rest of the day. :)

It's just another example of how incredibly blessed I feel to be doing what I do. So far, every class I teach has just dropped in my lap. My bosses practically handed me the classes I teach at the Ys, and then my boss from the other place I teach came to my class looking for someone to teach for her. And now this! I'm just so thankful.

In other news, I went up to the office-slash-Bek's bedroom and found a bunch of quotes from all the major travel sites with prices for airfare and hotel and rental car for Orlando. Looks like my dear, sweet hubby was researching rates for me. He's so adorable! I was so touched that he was looking into it for me that I almost started tearing up! I'm such a sap. :)

Ooh, and today! I'm waiting for the UPS man to come bring me my Zumba bag. It's the bag that we instructors used to get for our one-year anniversary gift. Ever since Tina got her bag Ive been dying to get mine. It's orange--my second favorite color!--and it's the perfect size, and it's only for instructors so I'd get to feel all special carrying it! :) But then it showed up in the online store. Huh? So I called. Turns out they changed the anniversary package for instructors, so now they are selling the rest of the bags. I bought one right away and it should come today! Yay!

OK well that's my post full of boring obnoxious rambling. What are YOU up to?



I'm off to get more coffee.*


*OMG don't click on those unless you want a SERIOUSLY SCARY close-up of my first-thing-in-the-morning face.
Post a Comment