Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

164.5

164.5! That's the number on my scale this morning, for a grand-total loss of 21 pounds. I'm a very happy camper today.

But, oh! the soreness!

After I got home from the two classes I taught yesterday I remembered I had also agreed to sub for another girl that night. So I showered and changed and all that good stuff and while the rest of my family were relaxing, eating dinner, and winding down for the night, I went off to Zumba.

I ended up not having to teach--the other instructor had been out with an injury but is back now--so I stayed to take the class from her. I said I wasn't going to do that--I had already gotten plenty of exercise for the day and I had food shopping to do--but I felt dumb leaving, after I had been chatting with some of the other women outside the studio, waiting for the cycling class to get out.

OMG.

Let me say first that I LOVE the girl who taught. She's so nice and very peppy and positive and energetic. But as a Zumba instructor--I dunno, I just wanted to throw her over a bridge by the end of the class. Her style is very cheerleader, and she wouldn't stop shouting cues over the music!! In Zumba, the music is the most important thing--it's what makes the class fun, and hearing the changes in the music is how you know it's time for a different move. I got into Zumba because it was fun, so don't! shout! at me the whole time or I'm going to explode.

But like I said, I really love this girl. So I stayed, and did my best, even though for everyone else I'd'a been outta there!

*shudder*

There is one girl in the class who I thought had taken every morning and evening class I subbed for the one instructor this month. I found out last night that she took all the Monday night classes, and her identical twin sister took all the Tuesday morning ones.

So now I'm racking my brains trying to remember if I said anything remarkably stupid like, "When we did this song last night, you remember..."

Anyway, she (and her identical twin sister) are such great dancers. They can really move, and they look like they're having such a great time. I told the sister at last night's class that she should look into teaching on the side, since she obviously loved it so much. She was surprised at first that she could teach. I told her that she didn't have to teach to take the workshop, but if she does, she should definitely get a group exercise certification and stuff before she teaches. I hope she looks into it...

Oh, I have another recipe for you! I haven't tried making it myself yet but a girl from work made me some to try and it is fantastic! Here ya go:

Red Lentil Soup
split red lentils
chopped onion
6 c water
1 tsp ground tumeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
4 cloves garlic
2 green chilies (remove seeds for milder heat)
4 inc fresh ginger or dried ground to taste
2 16 oz cans whole tomatoes w/juice
3 tsp salt
fresh coriander garnish
can replace 1 tablespoon olive oil w/ ghee if you have it

In sauce pan combine the lentils, water, tumeric, cumin, ground coriander, and chili powder. Heat to boil, reduce heat cook covered 30 minutes.

In blender combine garlic, onion, chili, and ginger; process until fine. In a skillet heat 1 tbsp olive oil or ghee in pan. Add mix from blender and cook 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, mix in rest of olive oil. Make sure lentils are cooked BEFORE you add the tomatoes and salt. This will STOP the lentils from cooking. Once you know they are cooked add the salt and tomatoes and let simmer until thick (about 30 mins).

Makes 12 1-cup servings.
Post a Comment