Pages

Friday, November 02, 2007

Whee!

I just got back from my interview and audition at one of the other local Ys. It went really well; since I already teach at a Y affiliated with that Y, all I had to do was show that I could move and cue, and fill out a few papers. And the woman asked me to bring a couple of songs to do, but I got, like, five seconds into the first one when she said something I didn't hear and went to stop the song. I thought maybe she just wanted to move along to the next song but then she took the CD out and said I did great and that was her favorite Zumba song anyway. Hee, yay!

I'm so excited--I wish I could start today! Unfortunately though, I won't get on the schedule until January, when they start their new schedule for the winter. I do get to sub when they need me, though. Yay!

I got a couple of really big compliments last night at class. One of my students, who has actually been taking Zumba with Tina as long as I have, remarked on how much weight I've lost. And a couple of teenaged girls asked me how I learned to dance "like that". I said, "Um, I've been taking Zumba for a year...but that's all." They seemed to think I'd been dancing for a while or something. Gee, I hope they come to every class... :D

Oh, hey! You can expect to see a lot more of me, at least for the month of November. I signed up for NaBloPoMo, in addition to my annual attempt at NaNoWriMo. That means that in addition to writing a novel at the pace of about 1,667 words a day for a month, I'll be posting here every day. Whether you like it or not. :) I can't guarantee greatness every day--you might get one or two posts about, like, stepping on gum with my dance sneakers or something. But I'll be here! Every day! :)

In other news: Halloween candy has invaded my house. I have succumbed to its wily charms. I expect to be bloated and grumpy for the entire month til it's gone. The end.
Post a Comment