Pages

Saturday, November 03, 2007

on the road

How is it that I can get on Blogger at one Panera but not another?

Anyway...

I'm here at Panera Bread right around the corner from where I work. I am supposed to be working on my novel. I am procrastinating. I am procrastination incarnate.

Considering "carne" means "meat" in Spanish, I suppose "incarnate" means "in the meat," right?

OK, now I'm just being stupid.

Hey, I think there might be something wrong with me.

Haha, you in the back. No comments from the peanut gallery.

I mean something really, actually wrong with me. I might have mentioned how I've been way overdoing it on the junk food lately, after going three weeks with none. Well, today at work I felt discombobulated, out of it, so "off" that I couldn't do my job right. Everything seemed fuzzy. Of course, I was munching on Brownie Bites (mmm, Brownie Bites, the best brownies on the planet). And the other night teaching Zumba, I felt really off--off beat, off rhythm, off the groove. Just off.

Then today I got a salad for break and, except for a brief digesting period in which I felt freezing cold--we've got a lovely fall hurricane up here and it's cold and rainy and raw. Perfect weather for writing or reading with a hot cuppa, not so great for working--I miraculously felt better.

Now I'm no hypochondriac. Well, maybe when it comes to my kids (Me: "It's a staph infection!!!" Hubby: "It's poison ivy.") but not for myself. But one of the girls at work listened to me describing how I felt and she said that she feels like that when her blood sugar is out of whack. Now, any mention of wacky blood sugar just sends me into a fit. Part of my motivation to finally get serious about losing weight (OK, semi-serious, y'all) was my fear of becoming diabetic. So now I'm all freakin out and ready to cut out sugar again. I felt so good for those three weeks I was on that self-induced fast. So good!

So, here I go again. I hate it! I hate having to be so vigilant about everything that goes in my mouth!

But I have a pretty good feeling I'd hate being diabetic even more. Y'think?!
Post a Comment