Pages

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Just for the record, I have not given up on my NaBloPoMo efforts. I posted yesterday to my other blog, which you can find here.

Zumba class tonight! Woohoo! OH and I have to tell you! The Y got a request from our town for all us Zumbadoras to ride in a float in the Santa parade! As I told my boss, I really can't think of much I'd rather do than Zumba on a float in a parade in front of the whole town. And I am not being sarcastic, here.

Normally I work on Sundays, so when I saw that the parade is on the Sunday after Thanksgiving I was all upset. Especially since I'm taking off the Sunday before that for the Zumba workshop with Tanya B. and we get paid time and a half on Sundays so one off in a month is already a lot.

But after thinking about it, getting an email from my Zumba instructor friend Tina begging me to be there, and talking to my hubby and one of the managers at work, I decided to try to get it off. I wrote a letter to my manager asking him if I could get it off and, to make up the extra hours, work all day on Black Friday (gag) plus maybe a sixth day or two sometime between here and Christmas.

Considering all that--dear God, did I just volunteer to work all day in a store the day after Thanksgiving?!--I'm almost hoping my boss says no. But man, do I want to shake my boo-tay all through town! ;) Oh, especially since the gym near us that is kind of our competition in the area also has a float in the parade but, as of yet, no Zumba instructors of their own. Just a bunch of weight lifters in reindeer antlers.

Speaking of Zumba (as opposed to all the other things I talk about here) I need to prepare a mix for tonight's class. We should get new music any day now, yay!
Post a Comment