Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2007

getting a jawb

Well, this doesn't have so much to do with weight-loss but it has to do with Zumba so oh well. See, I'm trying to get a job teaching Zumba--trying to be proactive in my job hunt like my marketing materials tell me to be--and some of the places I've checked out want a resume, as opposed to a job application.

Now, normally, this isn't a big deal. I have a resume I keep on file that I can update every now and then in case a really juicy deal comes along. Not that I'm expecting it to--I'm too comfy with the whole home-with-the-kids-all-day thing--but y'know. Just in case. Because someone might bust down my door wanting to thrust a writing-acting-graphic design-making lattes job at me as long as I have my resume immediately available.

Where was I?

Oh yeah. So the thing is, I have zero experience in the fitness industry. And now, all of a sudden, I want--I need--to teach Zumba. Is that so crazy? I love my Zumba like (trying very very hard not to use low-blow analogies like "like Whitney Houston loves crack" here) ...like (forget it, nothing nice is coming to mind) ...like Lindsey Lohan loves the bottle and I just want a job! So I need a resume that will convince someone to hire me despite my total lack of fitness degree, sports background, relevant certifications, or anything like that.

C'mon. Isn't 10 months of rockin the Zumba classes 1 to 5 times a week good enough?!! How about references from all my instructors and fellow Zumbadoras, who tell me I "neeeeeed to teach!" because I'm "sooooo good!" Can I put that on a resume? ;)

Yeah. So...how do I go about doing that? Anyone? Anyone?

...I really need to be prevented from blogging past midnight...
Post a Comment