Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

follow the bouncing train of thought...ooh shiny!

Sorry I've been so inconsistent lately. It's not just the posting--it's the diet, the exercise, and most other parts of my life. I blame it all on the weather; it's been so rainy and crappy here and I just want spring, for crying out loud.

I haven't stepped on the scale in a while because I know it's not going to be pretty. I know I haven't gained back any inches--amen, hallelujah--but the junk food I've been gorging on has me retaining mad water yo.

And the exercise---I miss the gym! Bek is STILL sick, and now it feels like I'm getting it too. I get to the gym early Saturday, between church and work on Sunday, and then Tuesday night Zumba class. This isn't enough for me. I need to be there every day, or else I just kinda crap out on it. Also, I eat better all day when I work out first thing. Y'know, it's that mentality that I don't want to undo all the stuff I just did.

I seriously have to get going on creating some inspirational visuals to put up around the house, most definitely on the mirror (gah!) and the fridge (back off!). Something about my goals and stuff.

Speaking of Zumba class (Am I bouncing all over the place? I feel like I am. Sorry.) the instructor, my friend Tina, made me get in front of the class for one of the songs. It's a harder song, and her mike wasn't working, so she wanted a couple of bodies up with her.

It was great!

Part of me was very self-conscious (oh nnooooz! I'm fat! Everyone's looking at meeee!) but part of me LOVED it. :) So I told Tina she could put me up front any time. :) Oh and guess what?!! When that song was over and I went back to my place one woman said "Wow, you've been doing this a long time, huh?!" and another woman asked me if I was an instructor!!! I should probably warn these people that stroking my already-inflated ego is not generally a good idea. It's hard to be humble as it is. :) hee.

Know one of the things I love most about that class? The look on a person's face when she's taking the class for the first time and realizes that, while she may be sweating like a pig, she's having fun. I love that. There were a couple of women tonight who looked like that. I know they'll be back.

Here are some of my goals, just as a reminder to myself. I've got to get back on track. I had a DQ Blizzard last night, for cryin out loud. (Blueberry CheeseQuake flavor. It was incredibly delish.)

  1. lose serious weight
  2. be hot for my hubby
  3. look cute and tiny and vulnerable in his clothes, as opposed to having them fit like they're mine!
  4. be mistaken for the babysitter
  5. teach zumba
  6. share clothes with my girls when they're older
  7. join a kickball league--which I'd do now if I didn't have to work but anyway...
  8. try roller derby
  9. go to art school--which has nothing to do with losing weight but I wanted to throw that in there anyway.

Oh, and don't hold your breath waiting for pictures of my hair. Much like the purple dye debacle, this didn't work. I sat there with bleach all up in my hair for an hour and fifteen minutes, washed it all out, and went to bed thinking, "Oooh, when I wake up I'll have artfully-arranged funky bleached-out streaks, yayyy!" and when I woke up? Nuthin. What the heck man?! This head is just not dyeable, at least not by any amateur means. I'm going to try again, though, as soon as I get some mo-nay.

I guess I could just go to the salon, but that means trusting someone else to do it the way I want and I'm not so good at that, even though I've never done this before in my life and they kinda, y'know, do it for a living. :)

Post a Comment