Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Kashi frozen entree

I'm sitting here, typing to you wearing a pair of pants that hasn't fit me in...well, a while. I'm not sure why, because my weight is all over the place and when I measure myself I'm pretty sure I'm not measuring in the same spot every time but hey, these pants fit and that makes me happy.

But that's not what I wanted to write about today.

The other thing I'm doing right now is eating lunch. I know, you're not supposed to eat while you're doing other stuff. You should be mindful of your food and all that and if there's anyone who knows that it's me because I am the queen of saying, "Did I just eat that whole thing?!" But I couldn't help but tell you about this stuff I'm eating!

It's Kashi's Lemongrass Coconut Chicken frozen entree and it's fabulous. I mean, it tastes wholesome and filling and the texture is perfect and ...just, yum.

At 300 calories and 8g of fat (4g saturated fat) it's not exactly what you might call diet food. But the serving is perfectly sized--c'mon, you know those Lean Cuisines, no matter how yummy (mmm chicken club panini), don't fill you up right?--and the fiber (7g) and protein (18g) will keep me full until I go to my girlfriend's house for dinner tonight.

Which is good, because she's serving pizza.

I love pizza.

*drool*

*wipe drool*

Anyway.

I tried a sample of the Kashi entrees at Costco when they carried them and it was supahnasty so I don't know what they did to it because last night when I went grocery shopping I checked them out again and man did they sound good (Pesto Pasta Primavera [which I love saying, by the way]! Black Bean Mango! Lime Cilantro Shrimp! Lemon Rosemary Chicken!) so I bought a few (by the way, buy them for $3 at Wal-Mart, not $7 at the supermarket, fer cryin out loud) and then I got really hungry for lunch (maybe because I skipped breakfast, maybe because my milk turned sour so I couldn't eat my yummy yummy flaxseed cereal which is a-whole-nother product review) so I decided to pop one of the entrees in the microwave and wow!

It's that good people.

On a completely different note: upon hearing that I was headed to the gym and wouldn't be home for approximately 2 hours, my dearest hubby said I am "working out too much".

The huh?!

45-60 minutes on the arc trainer and however-long-it-takes-me on 6 or 8 nautilus machines is not too much, is it?

He said something about how often I'd been going. I've been going 4 or 5 times a week: one or two of those is a Zumba class and the others are the cardio/nautilus mix. What do you think? Because me, I'm gonna say whatever gets me thin and in shape is not too much but I don't want to go hurting myself (or hindering my progress) in the process, y'know?

I'd appreciate your input.
Post a Comment